A warm welcome from St. Catherine’s Hospice
St. Catherine’s Hospice is delighted to be the official charity partner of the new Friends of Leyland Community Magazine. Each edition we’ll be sharing updates about our fantastic fundraising events, charity shops, The Mill café, volunteering opportunities and more!
Many of you may know about our important work, but there are often things about St Catherine’s which take people by surprise. For example, did you know that we’re here to help EVERYONE in our community – not only those who come into contact with the hospice - in a range of ways? An introduction to St Catherine’s Hospice:
• St Catherine’s helps people with all kinds of life-shortening conditions to experience quality of life, to the end of life, by providing personalised palliative and end-of-life care at the hospice and in people’s own homes.
• We also offer bereavement support to all; dedicated support for carers in the area; and have developed a wide range of wellbeing resources on our website for anyone to access.
• We share our expertise with other healthcare providers such as district nurses, GPs and care home staff through training courses and a professional advice line.
• More than 900 committed volunteers give their time in a variety of roles across the organisation, including at the hospice, in our shops, grounds and café.
• We depend on the generosity and efforts of our amazing supporters to raise a staggering £4m of our annual £5.8m running costs, with £1.8m provided by the NHS.
Ways YOU can get involved this summer:
• Join our Virtual Moonlight and Memories Walk - take on a four or 10-mile walk with family, friends, neighbours or colleagues any time throughout June and July. Registration is £10 for adults and £5 for children including a t-shirt and medal.
• Make a Yellow Ribbon dedication in memory of someone special. Ribbons displaying the names of everyone being honoured are tied around the hospice grounds, and you will receive your own ribbon to personalise and display at home too. Tributes are welcome in memory of anyone, and names are also entered into our online Yellow Ribbon Remembrance Book.
• Enter our Car Raffle to be in with a chance of winning a Fiat 500 Lounge - tickets are just £2!
Visit St Catherine’s Hospice | Quality of life to the end of life (stcatherines.co.uk), call us on 01772 629171, or follow us on social media @StCatherinesPre to find out more about our services and to get behind your local charity in 2021. Thank you for your ongoing, incredible support – it is so greatly appreciated and makes a real difference to the lives of so many local people.